Wednesday, February 06, 2008

No job

My husband just called me to tell me he may be out of a job soon. It is a real confusing high school drama that is going on at his job. It goes like this:

A couple of days ago Beckman Production Services that my husband works for (Beckman is an oil and transportation service which my father-in-law is a production manager for, my brother-in-law drives the crude oil truck side for, and my husband used to drive the water side for but now works as a "secretary"... which he likes a lot better and so do I) sold off the crude side and is only keeping on the water and hot oiler side. They are keeping most of the drivers that are working now, so thank God my brother-in-law still has a job. One of the guys that works in the office along with my husband has been saying that when crude goes he also is going to "jump ship" and go along with them. More than half of his work load will leave anyway since he is the dispatcher for both sides besides no one really liked him anyway, his personality is really bad and he is very hard on people... not just the drivers but the employers as well. When he said he was going to go, that got me my husbands hopes up because then my husband's job would be more secure for he would be dispatching the water side also. Chuck's dad was talking to one of his bosses yesterday and asked about Tom's position and where he stood. His dad was told there was no room for him to stay on, yesterday evening he asked his boss once again about Tom and was told there was no room... Chuck witnessed this conversation even! Well this morning the crude division found out the new office would be located about 30 to 40 miles north of here. Tom does not like the idea that he will have so much farther to drive just to get to work every day. He mentioned this to Chuck's dad and his dad told Tom there will be no room for you here. So Tom went above his dad's head (straight to his bosses) to complain and they basically lied on Chuck's dad and told Tom that they never said that and that Tom would always have a job. So Tom told Chuck's dad what they said and that there may be only room for one in this office and he knows the computer and what Chuck does anyway. So it is all up in the air right now but it is starting to look like Chuck maybe out of a job.

Please help me pray that he will get to keep his job because here in Michigan the job market is really really bad, that is why he had to go straight for working for his dad right after college. We could not find him a job right after college for a year!

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `