Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My first job?

I made a slide show with music of Sharon's new house and e-mailed it to Rassel for her. He loved it and so did Sharon. I took the pictures of the dresses they had taken and even some pictures I had taken and put them in a slide show set to music. They both loved it and decided to play it for people in the shop that needed a broader view of the dress. Sharon then offered me a job of making slideshows of peoples weddings for the person, they would offer this option on the flyers and in this shop while people were trying on dresses. I thought this would be fun and I was so excited and couldn't wait to get started.

I was still not talking to candy at this time, and I found out that Sharon had asked if she would be willing to take pictures at the wedding and give the pictures to me. Once I found this out, I was no longer as excited as I was before. When Candy was hired to be my attendant, she basically used that excuse for free room and board. I used to watch Boston Public every Monday night at nine o'clock, I needed to take a shower so I had asked her to help me take one before my show started and she kept dragging her feet as nine o'clock approached. Finally she got me in there, but when I was finished and she came in to help me back to my wheelchair the phone started to ring. She quickly threw me on the shower chair... I was barely sitting on it and grabbed the bar, but since I was still damp I started slipping... to answer the phone. It was just my brother in law calling candy (his girlfriend) to chat. She decided she'd rather talk to Ken for the next 15 minutes then help me! I started screaming for her to help me as I was slipping, she finally came but I was mad and I kept telling her that she could at least told Ken to call her back in five minutes he would have called you back. She went and grabbed me really hard under the arms, banging my two front teeth on the bar as she sat me back on the chair. I was very angry and hurt at this time so I told her that now I have missed the beginning of my show thanks to you, it was only Ken and he could have called you back in five minutes! She got angry with me and started yelling at me that I was so selfish that I only care about what happened to me and I said if you want to see selfish take a look in the mirror sometime, and then she left me on the chair in the shower and walked out the door slamming it shut. Her four-year-old son heard the commotion and he opened the door and started yelling that I was so selfish. I studied child development so I pretty much knew that little children imitated the actions of their elders, but she could have at least told him no. I was on the shower chair for about 20 minutes and I thought it over and came to the conclusion that I would have to apologize or else I would be in the shower forever. I then apologized to her (even though I didn't mean it) and she got me out of the bathroom. After that ordeal I started looking in to a replacement. I found one and I asked her to leave.

Because of this Chuck had to take a dishonorable discharge so he could come home early. So no one found it necessary to talk with her anymore. I still liked her and thought of her quite often, but I was needing a little break from her. Everyone agreed with me, that's why it took me by surprise that Sharon (who told me I was in the right so she wouldn't talk to her either) was still talking with her.

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `