Friday, November 16, 2007

Here are the two pictures that we have of Gracie in her new hoodie:

I will share a cute story about how much she likes her hoodie. Monday night she took off her hoodie in our bed and Tuesday morning we forgot to put it back on her... you know "out of sight out of mind". So all day Tuesday she ended up going without it. She must have gotten cold because that Wednesday morning she searched our bed until she found her hoodie, drug it from the bedroom in to the living room and laid it at her dad's feet and sat down looking up at him with those big puppy dog eyes!

You are all probably wondering what has been going on with my adoption. Well, here is the update...At the end of the second meeting, we had received the paperwork for the doctor's approval (and physical) to move on to step two. Then that following Monday Chuck got a call from the adoption agency saying we shouldn't waste our time or money and proceed with the adoption. Chances are we will either be turned down because of my condition, or we will be put on a waiting list for several years. These kids are from pretty tough backgrounds and I may not be able to control them. I still wanted to try because I have always wanted to be a mother, but Chuck just gives up and doesn't want to bother with it anymore. It has been several months now and I still haven't been able to convince him to keep trying, so I have now just given up also. I guess I will never be a mother!

*Just a Note*
After receiving my friends comment and question made me re read my post and realized I forgot something... I meant to answer the question beforehand, but for some reason I didn't. The agency told us that they wouldn't be the ones that would turn me down, it would either be the child's lawyer that is actually the one that places the child with a certain person or the person that does the home study. The agency was really impressed by me and the fact that I have degrees in Child Development helped a lot. So as you see it would not matter what agency I went through, all children that are adopted have a lawyer from the time that they leave the home until they are adopted and it is them that will discriminate and give us trouble.

2 comments:

Dawn Allenbach said...

Makes me so frustrated that people see a wheelchair and then just automatically assume you can't hack it. Is there a different agency you could use?

Michelle said...

Dawn -- I answered your question on my post.

My Heroes

Photos `