Thursday, April 24, 2008

She's back... again

I haven't been able to update my readers on what happened last Sunday. The snow and is all gone now and I have been spending a lot of my afternoons outside in the warmer weather. My friend sent me some information on different websites that offer free surveys the other day, so I have been spending a lot of my mornings looking at these sites. I was interested in filling out surveys to be paid, Chuck is not making as much now that he is working only 40 hours a week and we desperately need some extra income. But I was not willing to pay a fee just to join and become a member of a certain site. I found some websites that offered some good sounding, legit surveys, but since they are free websites they have no money to pay you and you have to register with their partners site in order to get paid. The problem with this is that you are required to enter all of your personal stuff like your full name, address, phone number, etc. on each site, and some sites will not let you request a payment until $100 or more is in your account. So if you want $100 you will need to register with about 100 partners sites and then once you get your $100 you will be required to register for 100 more. I do not think so! I have given up on this idea but I do not know what I will do for extra money.


Well anyways, on to last Sunday (actually it was April 7 ) with my mother-in-law...
After she left she had started telling the kids that she had moved to Tennessee. We had still been talking with her brother Bill at this time, so we knew this was false because she was still living with them! She even went as far to tell them that she had a house of her own with a pond out back and a couple of dogs. She had two vans and was working on trading them in and getting a pickup truck instead. Then she even gave them her "new address" so that they could come visit her. We tried pointing this out to Brenden because he had wanted to write her a letter on a couple of occasions. At first we would tell him no, but he would still insist on doing this. So we eventually told him that his mamaw was still living in Michigan with uncle Bill, he did not want to believe us at first kept calling us liars. He finally figured it out after a while that his mamaw was the one that was lying to them.


Last summer (probably around April or May) Chuck and I were in the kitchen and he said that his mom just drove by. My heart went to my throat and I thought I was going to puke. I was still... and even am still... upset with her. Mainly because of what she did to her very own children, disowning them. However I really did want her to stop and come in because she is Chuck's mom after all, but she didn't she just kept on going. I could tell that he was kind of hurt by this though and he started getting into a really bad mood as a result.


Then last Saturday (April 5) she drove by while Chuck was outside barbecuing and this time she waved. He came inside and told me that his mom just drove by and I was like "so?". Because she didn't stop and I didn't want Chuck to get to his hopes up and then be hurt and then be in a bad mood again. He did talk to his brother that night and Ken told him that she pulled up in the driveway at their house to talk with the kids since they were already playing outside. She also left a couple of letters, one for Chuck and the other for Ken. He had read his and said that it was fine, but he didn't say what was in it.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `