Thursday, January 04, 2007

'Bout time for a blog update, huh

Boy, been awhile since my last blog. I pulled a muscle in my back a few weeks ago so haven't been able to type much. But feel better now so I can write now, and if you’re waiting for my response to an email...don't worry it's coming!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Mine was kind of ho-hum. I could not get Chuck to put up the tree, he did however put up the lights on the outside of our house...which surprised me, he hadn't put up the lights since we lived at his dads! I just couldn't seem to get in the mood. Just not as eventful as when I was a kid. Those long nights of looking out the window, waiting for my cousin, Amber's, family car to drive up and spending the holiday w/ them. The sleepless Christmas Eve nights anxious to see what Santa brought. Falling asleep next to the freshly decorated tree, w/ the colored lights blinking and all other lights off listening to soft classic Christmas tunes and the moonlight making the snow glisten thru the big picture window in the background.

Now it's just a big expensive hassle. I walked thru Wal*mart in October to get my nephews a birthday gift and they had out Christmas decorations already! Talk abut spoiling the mood, I don’t believe in getting ready for Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving. Decorating so early is ridiculous, I mean it’s not like I start to decorate 2 months before MY birthday. Remember the reason for the season people!!!

As most of u know I got a new chair 2 months ago, and already its falling apart! First, the left brake stopped working. One day, I noticed Chuck was able to move my chair to the left when I was turned off. Not thinking much of it since I was on flat ground, I didn’t say anything. Then a couple days later, Chuck noticed how easy it was to push me left while off. When I was going up the outside ramp, I started sliding in a backward circle. Which almost caused me to flip off of the ramp, luckily Chuck caught me. Second, that annoying little menu display monitor quit working. So I could not lean back, raise my feet or change speeds anymore. Took a few weeks, but last week they finally brought me a loaner chair and took mine to be fixed. Have no idea how things are going or when they'll be done. They said the brake will be covered under warranty, but since the display is caused by a split in the wire, the warranty may not cover it.

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `