Wednesday, January 31, 2007

over the weekend

This past weekend Chuck and I watched my father-in-laws dog. It's a 3-year-old Miniature Pincer, a runner in other words. They went to New York.... again, for the weekend to see Maggie’s family and asked if we’d watch her. We have watched her before, but even I (the animal lover) wanted to strangle her!

She was constantly needing to go out every 2 hours at nighttime. When Mitzy (the dog) didn’t want out, Buddy was pitching a fit ‘cause the dog kept eating his cat food and his dish was empty. It wasn't Bebe either; she was in bed with us all night (she makes a good butt-warmer, lol)! Poor Chuck had to keep getting up and down which kept me up. Finally, he had enough and ignored her. So what she'd do? The darn dog peed on the floor!

Mitzy was with us twice as long this time, the dad dropped her off early Friday morning and Chuck took her home Monday night. We wondered if she was showing signs of separation anxiety or something. But ALL weekend? I think her weight had a lot to do with it. She is real fat! She always has been, a tiny head on a super chunky, round body. Maggie claims its not fat its all muscle. Yeah whatever!!! A month ago, Mitzy could jump up in bed with us or fit underneath. This time Chuck had to lift her and put her in bed, or else she’d wedge herself underneath. Here we are worrying about Bebe’s weight (since she is a scrounger), but having our nearly 8-year-old dog stand by Mitzy makes Bebe look anorexic. We wanted them to watch our dog when I went home this summer, now we’re afraid they’ll overdue it with the table scraps like they did to Mitzy.

We also got our niece and nephew Friday night. We expected Brenden to end up staying the night, but on their way over, Carrie decided to also stay. They’ve stayed before, but always one at a time. This time it was both! It was a lot of fun and when my mom heard me with the kids she said I'd make a very good mom!!!

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `