Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My weekend fun

We got the kids Sunday night, all three of them. Usually we just get Brenden and Carrie but this time their stepbrother, Zac, wanted to stay too. It was a lot of fun and it kept me busy watching them and helping them play my game, Sims 2. Sunday when Ken and Kelly came to pick me up for church, Carrie asked if she could stay. Then on our way to church Brenden asked if he and Zac could stay, I said okay.

After church Ken and Kelly dropped me off at my house so Chuck and I could change into shorts. Then we went over to his dad's for barbecue and birthday cake. Then everyone in Ken's family (Kelly plus four kids and their dog Peppy) came over to celebrate Ken's birthday which was on Saturday. It was a great meal and a really good visit. They all seemed really interested in our adoption process. Carrie and Zac wants us to adopt a nine-year-old because that is how old they are, Branden wants us to adopt a 10 or 11-year-old since he is 11, Jessica didn't really have a preference... or at least she didn't say one. Chuck and I have not sent in our application yet, they want to see your house so Chuck and I are cleaning our house and removing all the unnecessary items that we have piled up. I am excited that he is now starting to take having a family seriously. It is about time I wasn't the only one. After we ate and the talk had died down, we went home and Ken followed us and dropped off the three kids. That evening we all watched Bridge to Terabithia and then they took turns on the computer or on their PlayStation that Brenden brought. Then they watched Ice Road Truckers and went to bed.
Monday I had them all to myself. Since it was a rainy day they spent it inside and played on my computer or on the PlayStation. By noon we noticed that it started to get awful dark... it was so dark, I couldn't even see the hands of the clock that was located 3 feet in front of my face!... then it started raining really hard. Soon after that we heard the tornado sirens go off. Since I grew up in "Tornado Alley", I was not worried at all because I knew what signs to look for and besides I was watching the news and I knew it was nowhere near us. I did tell the kids that if we were in any danger, they would go down stairs under the stairs and block them in with big boxes because of the big sliding glass doors by the stairway and I would go into a closet. The storm didn't last long, about 15 minutes after it had passed my sister-in-law showed up to pick up the kids. She was in a hurry and got the kids and left. It kind of upset me that she didn't even call to tell me she was on her way. I wasn't expecting anyone until five o'clock, so I didn't have the kids ready to go yet. They were at least dressed and fed, but they hadn't a chance to pick up all the toys that they had gotten out. Once they left I went in to the computer room and had to weave back and forth to avoid running over the PlayStation. Next time I would appreciate a phone call to tell me which you would be there at least!

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `