Friday, July 13, 2007

The suicide attempt

So, after Carol left I was in charge of a lot more. Sharon is unable to count out the money, actually now that I think about it the only thing she was really good at was the decorating (after being told what to decorate and how to decorate it) and some of the organization. She had started talking to her brother again and they decided to get involved with the business. So they would show up every now and then... well it was mainly her sister in law, her brother was working... and I would feel I was in the way, so I would go home. Her sister in law, JoAnn, is one of those goody-goody types, she likes to take charge and allows you to feel like such an idiot when you do not do it her way.
I had been making plans with Sharon to come in on a Saturday to help with the shop because JoAnn had to work and wouldn't be there. She even kept asking me the day before if I was still going to be there and I hadn't changed my mind, and I would reassure her that I would be there at 10 o'clock in the morning. Then at nine that morning she had called to ask me if I is still wanted to come in since the shop was so cold, I told her I would be fine as long as I had my electric heater and I would see her later. She sounded really tired and drained on the phone and I was thinking she had just woken up so that is probably why. Then at 945 she had called back and told me not to come in. She still sounded really tired and I asked her if she was okay she said she was good, and I asked her why she did not want me to come in and she told me she just didn't feel like opening. I had a really bad feeling in my stomach that something was wrong, so I kept calling her back to see if she was sure she didn't want to open but no one answered the phone. I even called her cell phone and still no answer. The feeling in my stomach was getting worse, so I had Chuck go check on the mother. He called me on his cell phone and told me the doors were locked and he couldn't get in, he wondered if I was talking to her because she wasn't coming to the door. I told him no and she wasn't answering her phone. He then called his aunt and uncle to see if they were talking to her. They weren't, but JoAnn had talked to Sharon earlier and had noticed also that she sounded really depressed and tired. Then Chuck called his mamaw and she wasn't talking to Sharon either. So Chuck ended up having to call the police station. After a couple hours Chuck called me and told me that the ambulance had found his mother on the floor of the bathroom and Bebe was pitching a fit. Chuck found a "suicidal note" that said tell Rassel it wasn't his fault and a bag full of pills that she must have taken.
I got online and told Rassel what was happening, because I believe that once you are married you are not supposed to keep secrets from one another. Then Chuck showed up at the door with Bebe in his arms. He set Bebe down and told me he had to run to the hospital to be with his mom. Then Bill and JoAnn are coming up and staying the night with us. I was almost proud of myself for knowing that something was wrong and trusting my woman's intuition and because of that she was still alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

My Heroes

Photos `