Saturday, September 09, 2006

In the beginning-Part 1

I was unable to find the blogs about what happened w/ my in-laws...mainly probs w/ my mother-in-law...on myspace. So these next few blogs will not be copied from another blog, I will have to write them from my own memory. Here's what happened:

My husband, Chuck, and I met in '96, and married in '97. At the beginning he thought it was so cool that his parents were still together...cause now-a-days that's a rare commodity...and better yet, so were mine. He is originally from Michigan so 6 months later (after his army commitment was over) we moved to MI so he could go to college. When we got here, we moved in w/ his parents. Of course, he told me it was only temporary...OK, I can handle that...Although we didn't move out until 6 yrs later, temporary my @$$!...But that's a whole other story. He enrolled into a community college a couple miles from his parents, so that's why we moved in w/ them.

I never really liked his mom at the start...even the very first time we met! I just felt really uncomfortable and uneasy around her. It may be due to the fact that on our first encounter she told me hairstyle reminds her of that pic of My Lil Dutch boy (Paint). My ear had gotten so infected from piercing my cartilage, I had to have surgery to remove the dead cartilage. So I had my hair cut. So I kinda took her comment as an insult, since in her next breath she was saying what a goofy looking kid he is. I didn't confront her tho, kept it to myself. But that is not something you do upon first meeting them.

We moved into their walkout basement and his dad turned it into a mini-apartment (the only thing missing was a kitchen) for us. Chuck went to college, his dad worked, and I was stuck w/ his mom all day. I then started college the next semester...partly because I wanted to finish what I started at KSU, and partly because I wanted to get away from his mom.

I graduated in 1 semester w/ an Associates. During the summer, Chuck transferred to a university and started going there in the fall, as I looked for a job and stayed home w/ his mom for the following year. I was unable to find work w/ just an associates, so I started doing volunteer work at a preschool. I decided to be a preschool teacher and go to the university too.

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `