Thursday, September 14, 2006

Part. 3

In March of 2001, Chuck joined the reserves. Then everyone knows (or at least, should know) what happened in Sept. Yep, that is the infamous day the Twin Towers fell. We all knew Chuck would be activated any day, since Bush...I REALLY do not like him, he's a war hungry mongrel, who has basically let his own country suffer while he focuses all his attention overseas. Oh sure, he said there are more job opportunities. Yeah....McDonald's! Michigan has the highest unemployment in the nation and I am having a very hard time finding Chuck a job. Well anyways, Bush declared war. Our military is super small, so the reserves and national guard were needed.

Chuck got the call in Feb. of '02. We had a weekend to decide what to do about school and also look for help for me. I found an accessible apartment on campus and my friend, Candy (I have known her since K-State and have even brought her to camp a couple times, she and her son moved to MI and in w/my brother-in-law a few years after my move) volunteered to live w/ me while Chuck was gone.

Chuck flew to NJ (that is where they did some outpost stuff before being sent to Iraq) on that following Tues. My dad and brother drove up fro Kansas to help me, Candy, and her 4 year old son move. This was a solution so I could stay in school, but also so I could get away from the mom (Sharon) for a little bit. Which was a nice break, but while Chuck was gone, she never even called me...not even to see how I was doing. She used to call me all the time in KS! She'd rather be buddy-buddy w/ chuck's ex-girlfriend than w/ his current wife. Chuck's dad would call or stop in every so often tho. So maybe she thought that counted?

More to come...

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `