Saturday, September 09, 2006

Labor Day

I didn't want to write until my new chair was here, so I could be more comfy when I wrote. Well, as u prob guessed, I am still waiting! GRRR....starting to piss me off!! Even called 2 wks ago and said it'll be another week. Well I tell u if I still have no chair or even heard from them by the end of the week, I will start calling them EVERYDAY til it's done.

So, how was everyone's Labor Day weekend? Mine was uneventful...except Saturday, chuck went to his works dumping well (for those of u who don't know, Chuck drives a transport truck for liquid...mostly oil...transportation services) and brought me and Bebe along with him. He usually doesn't invite me to tag along, but he did this time. Him and his brother cut down a tree while me and my sis-in-law chatted and walked our dogs. Then Ken invited us for pizza. So Saturday was fun.

So, did everyone watch the telethon yesterday? Chuck and I did. But, I don't know, I just can't seem to get in that same excited mood as I used to feel 5 yrs ago...I thought 1) because I no longer live in Kansas, or 2) because I am kind of upset with MDA for dropping me and leaving me out of things once I turned 21. I may not be a dough eyed, freckle faced little girl anymore, but I'm still alive dammit! And still need your help! The following is from my friend (& fellow camper) Gina's blog. I feel the same way Gina!

It occured to me this morning just how odd life can be.For years Labor Day Week-end meant one thing.Telethon.Now that word Telethon didn't stand for what you think.It didn't really mean... Raise lots of money for Jerry's Kids.Not to me atleast.

Sure,It meant, I'd work my butt off to raise that money to help the best way I could.The difference is the motivation.Telethon meant I got to go to KAKE,Stay up ALL Night,See all of my best camp friends,Relive that one week in the summer when EVERYTHING was perfect.We'd talk about it the whole two months between camp & telethon.Then we'd gather in the studio to watch camp clips, or stories of our friends lives... I'd feel touched.

Now when I watch it as the Adult they pushed away.I watch those same clips without those warm feelings of the previous camp.Instead of warm and touched, I feel sick.Not because I'm not a part of it but, because I can truly see threw it.MDA started out as a good organization but, somewhere along the way...The lost it.Every plea was about a cure.A cure would be great for the future but, What about those of us who already live with it day to day?MDA should remember those who have MD and buyWheelchairs, Ramps, Lifts and other assitive devices intead of focusing soley on Research.


That's only half of my whole rant...The other can be summed up in one word. If you know me you'll understand.MDA needs to lose the PITY plea.Sick...Sick...Sick

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `