Thursday, May 24, 2007

The first step, rental houses

By this time, Sharon and her new roommate, Carol, were looking into different houses to buy for rental properties. So she would come over to borrow my digital camera and I would then transfer the pictures from the memory card to the computer. After doing that I would e-mail the copies to Rassel. Yes, I knew both of his e-mail addresses and his yahoo ID, she had given me his yahoo ID a week after she returned from Bangladesh and he gave me both of his e-mail addresses. I loved being able to talk to him on Yahoo, after awhile I could see why Sharon fell for him like she did. He did not speak very good English but he could type it somewhat, reading some of his typings took a lot of patience and understanding but once you knew what he was talking about he seemed like a pretty decent... and innocent... guy.

After her trip to Bangladesh, Sharon asked me to look for a lawyer on the Internet that specializes in visas. Wanting to stay on her good side and not getting her mad at me... because I have witnessed how she acts when she is angry at someone, look how she disowned her kids... I found one for her. When the lawyer had directed her to an Internet site to fill out the paperwork for a Visa, I offered to help her fill it out. I did not think that meant for me to end up filling out most of it, I thought she would fill out more than the little bit of personal/financial information that she did.

There was a little place to put it in her income, and she wasn't make any money. They needed this information because you need to be able to prove you can support your spouse when they come over, so said the lawyer. So that is why her and Carol were looking in to rental properties, she wanted the rent money to count towards income. They eventually got a nice trailer... she bought it upfront because she had the money from her divorce settlement... that they fixed up. The guy who used to own the trailer was in an accident and was in a wheelchair and and made the trailer pretty accessible. I think that the guy was sent to a home, so his trailer was put on the market after being adopted by the bank after the guy had failed to make his mortgage payments.

She put up flyers for a renter all over town and got information from a lawyer on what kind of information to include on a lease contract. She finally found a renter with good credit and they started the lease the next month. They had lots of children and the wife started a day care in the home.

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `