Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Republican candidates

I know I have been writing on the problems with my mother in law. But after the death of Gina and reading some of her past posts, I have decided to write about my thoughts about certain things. Do not worry because I will still reflect on my memories of Sharon, it's just my turn now.

I was watching some of the debates of the candidate's running for the Republican party. I never choose a president based on the party that he/she is affiliated with. I go based on the views of the individual presidential candidate. I didn't watch the whole thing from the beginning, so I can't say who I was leaning more towards. But as soon as they got on the subject of abortion, I started leaning more towards Mayor Giuliani.

I know abortion is a tricky subject for some people, I have often tried to to avoid the subject by any means possible. But some views on this subject really makes my heart start thumping. Yes, I am pro-life. I do not believe people should abort their children, especially if the mother is able to carry the child to full term without any risks. There are many people, I being one of them, who are wanting to adopt and more and more people choose either to abort or to keep their child. The problem with this is adopting children is starting to become very difficult and problematic.

However, there is one side me that is pro-choice. If the woman is expecting a child and learns she will not be able to carry the child to full term without the risk of losing the baby. If I was to become pregnant, there is a chance that not only would I have a stillborn baby but I could very well lose my life as well. So I would have to abort because my husband has made it clear to me that he does not want to lose me too. So that is where my pro-choice fits in.

Mayor Giuliani felt the same way I do. He was pro-life until mother's life was in danger also, then he was pro-choice. When President Bush passed the law that all abortion was illegal after a few months, that really made me mad. He was saying that it's morally wrong to murder a child in the womb, but if you read between the lines he was just about saying that it the child is aborted it is murder but if the child dies in the womb it is okay. It is still okay if the mother dies too. So I guess that he is saying that it is okay for doctors to basically murder the child and the mother at the same time. What sense does this make? Besides, a lot of people do not even find out that they're pregnant until a few months later which is about the time it becomes illegal.

No comments:

My Heroes

Photos `